My avatar

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tool #5: Producing with Web 2.0 Tools

Use at least two of the tools above to create products. Think about your content. Create a “set” for one of your lessons! Or, consider providing the site as a choice for your students to create products. Make a model for a student created product.Then, embed both products in your blog or link to the products from your blog. Describe for your readers how you think each tool can be incorporated into your classroom - how you could see the tool being used by you instructionally and your students to demonstrate their understanding of a concept or topic in your classroom.

I worked with two of the tools - Animoto and Google Docs. Animoto was amusing, but I've done the same thing using iMovie and Keynotes, and those offer many more options. My students have created interesting projects with both. I was most interested in Google Docs and created a Powerpoint presentation and a document. I shared the document with three other German teachers in the district. I am in the process of redesigning a German III project, and Google Docs will be an excellent way to carry this out, especially because I can post the instructions and rubric there, and the students can share their completed projects. More about this later . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment